Friday, January 18, 2013

Cards Inspired by Paper Creations Magazine

So I'm looking through Paper Creations Magazine, Winter 2013 addition and I come across a technique I haven't seen or tried.  If you have the magazine, check out "Dazzling Duos" on page 56.  There was a special tool you could buy to make these cards but I had another idea.  Instead of using (buying!) the new tool, I was going to use what I had. 

This technique provides you with a way to string/weave ribbon through cards.  I liked the idea and the way they used brads to accent the design.  So I started experimenting and this is what I came up with:



The ribbon is strung between the scallops and the brads.  Such an easy and fun technique!  And now I've got thank you cards to send to my family next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment