Monday, June 15, 2009

Craft Room Makeover Aid

As a move forward with the makeover, I continue to refer to my copy of "The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker". I'm glad that I made it through the book & "homework" before I started this makeover because I don't think I would have been able to do both in 4 weeks. I put a lot of time and thought into each chapter and I'm still refering to the 1st chapter on organization as I plan my space.


This part of the book reads "if you aren't naturally inclined to tidy up your space...". That's me! I'm glad that was included in the book because as I look at my handwritten entries/answers, I realize how I need to organize my work table. I need to get ahold of some type of 12x12 bin that isn't very deep and will provide storage for a single page/project.


I'm visual so I like to SEE what I have. Well, that's impossible as a scrapbooker! We accumulate so much stuff! I've got some great ideas for displaying/storing embellishments in clear containers -- I can see them but they're contained! I am also going to use a basket to hold my "new" embellishments. You know the items that you just have to buy at the scrapbook store?! I buy them and then they get shuffled around and I forget about them. I figure I'll leave them in the new basket for a month or so and then put them away. My mind is spinning with ideas! I've got to get some work done in that room! I'll post again real soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You and I are really very similar, in our challenges. I'm also not a naturally tidy person, so I'm trying really hard to organize my space so that it's super easy to keep tidy.

    One thing I realized that I need is a spot that I can shove things that I don't want to have to put away right away. This will help to keep my surfaces clear so that I still have an area to craft.

    The in/out trays on my desk will store all my papers that I don't want to sort through immediately. This has made a big difference already in keeping my desk tidy and open and ready for a quick bit of card-making.

    While I'm trying to dejunk and organize, I also have a larger "I don't know" bin that I can allow myself to toss things in that I don't immediately have a home for -- this makes it easier for me to not lose momentum when I'm on a roll as I can go back to these problem pieces later.

    Anyway, it's so exciting to see what you're doing! I can't wait to see what you do with those shelves! Keep up the amazing work!

    Molly
    http://mollylee.etsy.com/
    http://mollyleecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete